Sunday, February 1, 2015

My Ketogenic Weight Loss Journey

This post will be dedicated to my journey to a more healthy weight. Journaling my journey helps keep me accountable to my goals. Keto meals, snacks, gym workouts, grocery/fitness hauls, non-scale victories and everything in between will be posted. This is my weight loss journey.



Today is actually day 12 of being on the Ketogenic diet. My body is totally thriving! I don't remember when I felt this good from the inside out. It's like my body is running like a fine tuned engine. 

~ Results so far
* feeling good from the inside out
* mind thoughts clear 
* no long naps to make it through the day
* tons of energy
* no late night snacking 
* clothes are very loose on me
* scale down 8 lbs

~ Non scale victory

Today I chaperoned our youth bowling outing. I brought along my normal healthy snacks plus water bottle to hold me over. Afterwards they decided to go out for pizza. This is were the fun begins. Time to choose something healthy to eat. There were several items that "looked" like healthy choices. So I pulled out my phone to check the carb counts online before ordering. OMG!!! Each item had 70+ carbs which would have out me well over my 20 carbs a day maximum. Made the choice to just eat my snacks until I could get home to make something healthy. Was able to stick to my guns while everyone else ate pizza. The real victory for me was realizing there was no mental/emotional pull to eat the yummy looking pepperoni pizza surrounding me. 

~ Gym workout
Today is a gym makeup day. Thursday is our teach night at church so this makes it hard to get to the gym. Anywho, here is how it went down... 

30 minutes on the treadmill


30 minutes on the elliptical


Then back exercises. This is our home gym. Just one back exercise machine available. Did 4 sets of 10.

Update ~ Day 13: February 1, 2015 

I joined a group on Facebook called Losing N Loving it. Its a very supportive environment of folks actively working towards losing weight. They have started a new challenge called "Fab4February". Will be incorporating this into what I am already doing.

Today is a rest day so no exercise.

My food goal is to continue keeping my carbs under 20 be eating the same meals as yesterday. Follow me on My Fitness Pal @MoringaWorkout for the details.

Here is my check in video for the Fab4February Challenge.




Update ~ Day 14 February 2, 2015

Today was a good day overall. Still trying to wrap my mind around this whole carbs thing and the effect it has had on my health. The video below sums things up,


Update ~ Day 15 February 3, 2015

From an emotional eaters perspective this was a very emotional day. Thankfully I did not eat to make myself "feel" better. Non-scale victory accomplished. Hear all about how it went down in the video below....



Update ~ Fab4February Week 1 Recap 



Update ~ Fab4February Ketogenic Style: Day 12

No comments:

Post a Comment